(Eligibility criteria and methodology – selection process – Joint Director)
Position: Joint Director – CIPS-ASCI
Mode of Recruitment:
- By Direct Recruitment – on a contract basis – (Remuneration Rs. 1.50 lakhs per month) (for Professionals/Academicians/ Experts etc.) with Rs. 5000/- increment at the end of each year.
- By Deputation from central/state government (Civil Servants and others )
- Qualifications & Experience: (for Professionals/Academicians/ Experts etc.) Direct recruitment
- An academician with post-graduation; minimum of 20 years of experience and proven track record in the areas of relevance to CIPS in the preparation of project reports, publication of papers, guiding research work, organising workshops and conferences and training/capacity building of civil servants
- A doctoral degree from a reputed university/institution, in the areas of relevance to CIPS, would be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of Telugu is desirable.
- Good writing and speaking abilities.
- Publication of articles will have some advantage.
- Field experience if any is desirable.
- For civil servants:
- Minimum – about 20 years of experience in Group-A in state services
- Minimum – about 14 years of experience in All India Services/ Group – A Central Services (officers in the rank/level of 13, 13 A (7th pay commission) may apply.
- Minimum educational qualification
- Graduate in any discipline
- Post Graduate and Ph. D will have a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of Telugu is desirable
- Good writing and speaking abilities are required.
- Publication of articles will have some advantage
- Field experience cum academic orientation is desirable.
- To guide, supervise and coordinate the work of identifying, documenting and replication of innovative practices
- To facilitate the conduct of surveys and research studies on innovations in public systems
- To facilitate the generation of valid, reliable, evidence-based and timely research outputs and documentation, ensuring suitable quality checks
- To track and document the outcomes that result out of research studies
- To ensure that the CIPS website is current, dynamic and content rich
- To produce newsletters and other material that aid Information, Education and Communication (IEC) campaigns of CIPS
- To foster the replication of innovative practices in different states.
- To supervise and guide the communication and publications team for documentation and dissemination
- To assume responsibility for organising the courseware for training programmes
- To regularly visit Administrative Training Institutes (ATIs) of all states and State Innovation Councils (SInCs) for developing a good network in identification and replication of innovations
- To assist the Addl. Director and the Director in managing the knowledge resources, administrative and financial matters.
- To perform any other duties and responsibilities assigned from time to time assigned by the Additional Director/Director of CIPS and the Director General, ASCI & Head of the Steering Committee of CIPS.
- Age: Preferably around 50 Years as on 01.03.2019 for Academicians/ Professionals/ Experts.
- Age: Preferably between 40 to 45 Years as on 01.03.2019 for serving Civil Servants
- Duration of Contract: The appointment would be initially for a period of three years, extendable further, subject to review of performance and on mutually agreeable terms. (Applicable for both 1 & 2 above)
- For Civil Servants – on deputation, pay scales will be protected during their tenure. In other words, if the officer is promoted to the next level during his tenure in CIPS, his pay will be protected. All other benefits that were there in the parent department will be honoured like medical treatment/reimbursement etc. However, CIPS reserve the right to prescribe its own rules for officials on deputation
- Based on the existing scale, compensation will be paid in the case of serving personnel
- For Contract employee – A consolidated compensation Rs. 1.50 lakhs per month with Rs. 5000/- increment after completion of 12 months/1 year in the case of academicians/professionals/experts engaged on contract basis. After 3 years no increment will be given even if extension is given.
Centre for Innovations in Public Systems College Park Campus
Administrative Staff College of India;
Road No.3, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500 034
Phone: +91 40 66720720
For more details: Please visit www.cips.org.in
For correspondence: firstname.lastname@example.org